Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:47:50 +0100
Dear Ian,

Good demosaicing algorithms are the key for getting fine detail images.

You can have a look to this:
http://www.13thmonkey.org/~boris/rawtobw/colourtest.html

Or search by :

Variable number gradients
Adaptive Homogeneity Directed
Bilinear Interpolation
Laplacian, etc...

I tried all Raw Software packages and the best one is Raw Developer. It
uses David Coffin´s DCRAW software with nice sharpening algorithms
giving you super sharp pictures. If you want I can process this image
for you and then you can check results. Color can´t be the same as
Olympus one. Brian Griffith creates matrix icc profiles for this
software and this type of icc profiles have some advantages but they are
not really good in color accuracy.

Dave