Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 01:06:04 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Norton"

>> BTW, I don't see any problem to work with film images. After scanning
>> over
>> 10K images, I found I started to love negatives more.
>>

> I'm somewhere in the 1500-2000 range and have barely scratched the surface
> of what the digitization process is capable of. This is one of those
> things
> where it requires constant learning and experimentation to keep pushing
> the
> limits of the technology even farther than the last scan.
>
> I have yet to achieve the "perfect scan".  It's illusive and requires
> constant skill-level improvement.

I see this the biggest problem, I had my film scanning starting from the
LS-10 8 bit N*kon scanner in 93 to the LS2000 in 98, some years ago I
started to rescan the old films due to 4000ED is much better. Fortunately
due to the job loading I didn't made too much scan until I retired early
last year.

In this one year I found I leart many new techniques (not really new, just I
didn't understand them) through the scanning job I got from local hospital
authority, they have some old and poor processed negatives that force me to
try different methods to retouch them. The scans I have done for my own film
in the pass seems wasted, I think I have to rescan them as I can do better
now.

C.H.Ling