Re: [OM] fires in ozland

Subject: Re: [OM] fires in ozland
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:22:43 +1100
That's a great set of pix - I've seen some before but not at that
resolution.
One correction - as I said, temperatures reached almost 47 deg. - 38
deg would have been a relief. Deaths so far reported at 173 - that's
not huge by the scale of some disasters but somehow it's the way they
die that bothers me. The radiant heat is a killer as well - it's
intense.
Nice point there about the horse - this is a big horse-owning area. I
was listening to a woman at work yesterday who was panicking because
a fire had been reported near where here horse is stabled - she
seemed somewhat less concerned about a couple of staff members who
live near the Bunyip fire. I just walked away from her, rather than
saying something unpleasant.
Nice to see the Tynong truck too I have a friend who is out there now
and he is attached to that group of stations - Tynong, Tynong Nth &
Maryknoll.

Anyone care to identify that camera on the ground? :-)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx