Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:02:26 -0600
I just tried looking at a couple RAW +jpg files I shot yesterday in
Master 2.  The thumbnails look identical.  When I click "Basic 2" to
edit the RAW version, I can see that by default it is reading the
picture settings (in my case VIVID is what I used).  So I think that's
why the thumbnails look identical.  I doubt if this is the behavior of
third-party software -- at least it's not the behavior of Lightroom.
Come to think of it, I haven't the slightest idea what Lightroom views
as default settings for RAW.  Anyway, Lightroom and Capture One show
the jpg and RAW initially as quite different, and I'm guessing this is
true of all the third-party RAW converters.  I don't think you can
compare Master 2 behavior to anything other than possibly Studio.

Joel W.