Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 23:06:02 -0600
Replying to myself!  I finally removed Viewer from my PC and installed
Studio 2 (which can't be installed unless you remove Viewer, grumble
grumble).  Like Master 2, it uses the jpg Picture settings as a
starting-point for RAW development.

IIRC correctly, DeepPeeveReview used ACR for RAW development when they
tested the E-3?  They seem to have preferred jpg over RAW to some
degree.  They should be used either Master 2 or Studio 2.  If you
think the E-3 makes good jpgs, the RAW version looks exactly the same
when it opens up in Studio 2.  I really want to like Lightroom better,
but it looks like Studio 2 is the ticket.  I guess it really ought to
be.

Joel W.