Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 08/02/2009: Gare du Midi market

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 08/02/2009: Gare du Midi market
From: Nathan <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 06:27:05 +0100
Thanks, Nico.

As for language, this is typical Brussels--it is a bilingual city,
especially during the working week when many thousands of Flemish
people from the surrounding suburbs come into the city to work. It is
said that on weekends, Brussels is 15% Flemish and 85% Walloon, but
on weekdays it is more like 50/50.

In this example, JC Deceaux is just the name of the company that owns
the advertising board. It is the world's largest provider of "street
furniture".

Cheers,
Nathan

On 10/02/2009, at 2:25, Nicoletta Da Ros wrote:

> nice shot - as a language person, i could not help but notice that
> you are at the gare du midi (french) and most of the board is written
> in french (wording on top of the frame and name of the company), but
> the message in the ad is in flemish... i find it interesting. and
> pink! (and yes, the top eyelashes are very, very fake, just in case
> someone is wondering)
>
> nico.
>

> On Feb 9, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Nathan wrote:
>
> I spent Sunday wandering around the Brussels markets with two Leica
> friends, Michiel and Philippe. This one is a scene from the big
> market outside the city's main train station, Gare du Midi. It has
> all manner of food, clothes, "genuine" designer handbags and much
> else:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4253606_netUM#470794104_Wpfij-O-LB
>
> More to come once I have edited the pictures.
>
> Nathan
>
> Nathan Wajsman
> Alicante, Spain
> http://www.frozenlight.eu