Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 08:45:44 -0600

> I feel the same way. I never really liked Lightroom's RAW conversion
> engine for Olympus.  I disliked the colors and the WB temperature
> numbers seem meaningless though the options available in RAW development
> and the speed in which they work are noteworthy.

The only 3rd-Party RAW processor that comes close to Olympus' conversion
engine is Capture One.  This is particulary true when it comes to skintones.

ACR's conversions just leave me wanting.  First of all, I see a tremendous
flattening of Zones II-IV with little tonal separation.  And then when I
crank the saturation up to give the images some snap, they turn into
Disneychromes with no continuity.

I was reminded this weekend that when I take the time to really focus on
doing things right, the E-1 rewards me with an exceptional picture that
seems to rise above the pixel limitations.

AG