Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:30:12 -0600

> I'm going to work with Studio 2 for a while.  It has pretty much the
> same old stodgy workflow of Viewer and Studio 1.

I keep hearing people dis' the workflow of the Olympus software, but
honestly, I don't see it the same way.  What is really nice about Lightroom
is the fact that it dynamically updates the thumbnails. But Viewer/Studio is
exceptionally fast for finding your selects.  For shooting events where I
might have 300-3000 pictures to go through, I find Viewer to be an
exceptional tool and until I reach the point where I'm actually needing to
fine-tune things, it's MUCH faster than Lightroom.

Another program which is starting to get legs is Raw Therapee.  For finding
your selects, it is horribly slow, and I prefer Viewer for that, but once
you have your selects or if you are just working a handful of images to
begin with it offers all the same functionality (except healing brush) that
Lightroom has.

I was giving Studio2 a tryout and as good as it is, I found it not to really
offer my anything that I'm not currently getting.  Oh, and it was horribly
unstable on my computer.

AG