Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 08:17:08 +1100
An interesting observation on the E-3 yesterday. The school
photographers were in and they used to be equipped with E-1's so I
was interested to see what they were using now. They set up three
stations and had three E-3's, one with the 12-60mm (the boss) and two
with their old 14-54mm's. Shooting tethered to laptops.
Obviously they are happy with Olympus but I wanted to know why they
all had a piece of red tape on the top of the grip. To avoid
accidentally shifting the aperture. As one said, unlike his own Canon
5D2 which he uses for weddings, you can't disable the front wheel and
you can't afford accidental aperture shifts. They also reported a far
lower rate of focus errors - almost nil in fact while the E-1 would
misfocus about 2% of the time. When you do 2,000 portraits in a day
and a half, you notice such things!
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx