Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 01:36:19 -0600
Chris,

You have started me to thinking about some observations I have made in the
past few weeks.  I am on the LUG, and most of the M8 users recommend setting
the exposure to -.33 or -.50 to get the proper histogram.  I shoot an E-510,
and, from my observations, it needs to be set exactly opposite to that.  In
experimenting with exposures as shown on the camera screen, +.50 looks best
to me.  For post-processing, I use the RAW converter that is included in
Elements 6.0.  When I adjust the exposure to give me the best histogram in
the RAW converter, I usually end up adding about .50.

Am I imagining this, or is there a reason that the M8 and the E-510 require
opposite adjustments?

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA