Re: [OM] OT Recycling, again :-)) [was Off-topic: Re: 1TB drives

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Recycling, again :-)) [was Off-topic: Re: 1TB drives
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:35:47 -0800
Mike Lazzari wrote:
> Hmm..   Have you thought about Ubuntu?

Minimum Ubuntu configuration,  Desktop & Laptop
            Required Recommended  My Sony
Processor    300 MHz     700 MHz  233 MHz
Memory       256 MB      384 MB   128 MB  (once I add 64MB to max out
the hardware)
HD capacity    4 GB        8 GB     6 GB  (8, if the solid state option
works)

I don't qualify. :-)

Beyond that are all the Win based utilities Sony provides for power
management, battery management, etc. - and my limited interest in
learning a new OS and apps.

Moose