Re: [OM] MR trip to Antarctica

Subject: Re: [OM] MR trip to Antarctica
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:22:20 +1000
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> The 10D was exceptionally strong - when I finally got a 5D to replace
>  mine, I was surprised by the feel of the rear thumbwheel - it felt
>  flimsy in comparison, as if it was half the thickness and had lesser
>  bearings. ...

I've been looking at upgrading my current DSLR, my 10D, for some time.
You have mentioned its comparative build-quality before, and it's one of
the things that have added to my procrastination. I've yet to handle any
of its subsequent iterations though (20D, 30D, 40D, 50D), yet alone the
5D, or 5D MkII, so I'm unsure how much that would matter to me. I'm
still mulling over the 5D MkII, but I think I'll now have to handle it
before I go ahead. Finding one in this region might not be easy, but I'm
going to Sydney sometime in the next few weeks too, so hopefully I'll
get the chance then (I wouldn't be buying anything until at least next
month anyway).

Thanks for prompting further consideration (procrastination? :) ).

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz
http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery