Re: [OM] WTB: lenses for an OM nostalgia system

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB: lenses for an OM nostalgia system
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 07:38:25 +1100
I'm puzzled by this thread. After all, y'all mostly live in the land
of free enterprise, no?
He sells clean kit, asks high prices and eventually gets them -
successful entrepreneur.
He could not survive if there was not a buyer out there somewhere at
that price.
And he has invested a substantial amount while showing some patience
in getting his return.
It's unfortunate that we find ourselves in a pond that happens to
have a large predator (shark, croc, take your pick) but does he not
also have a right to life?
And like all these things, it's a double edged sword - it hurts when
you're buying but he's keeping the prices up for sellers.
If you were to tell the story in another way, he'd be a hero.

I'll just go book in at the re-education camp now if you'll excuse
me.  ;-)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx