Re: [OM] Updates on my photo gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] Updates on my photo gallery
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:08:31 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Moose"

> C.H.Ling wrote:
>> After almost a year without updating my website, I have just uploaded
>> some new shots on my OM-digital gallery, it is a new digital back and I
>> have slightly changed my tone/color adjustment preference, hope
>> everything is ok.
>>
>> http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/OMC/5D2_01/5D2_1.htm
>>

> Oh, that was a lovely trip! A nice variety of lovely images.

Thanks, Moose.

> Hard to pick a favorite; there's so much to like about so many of the
> images. Sitting back looking at the thumbnails, the flamingos keep
> pulling my eye, so I'd pick that, not for technical excellence, they all
> have that, but for the wonderful, odd shapes.

Yeah, they were doing some interesting actions for quite a while, like
kissing each other.

> I understand from your later comments why 21 is included, for tonality,
> but for me, it doesn't measure up to the rest for subject and
> composition values.

This was just a test shot trying to compare the resolution of Velvia and 5D
II. Unfortunately, the focus point of them were a little different (my OM4
seems having a little front focus problem), but I can say that part of the
Velvia are very close the 21MP but digital did much better in resolving the
low contrast shadow details.

Besides the composition and subject, I really like the color quality after
adjustment especailly when you see the original which is just too flat if
straight from the Canyon (DPP standard color mode):

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_0917o.JPG

> Perspective distortion doesn't bother me in others, but I'd straighten
> up 5. I like it so much otherwise, but the leaning tower bothers me.

Yes, totally agree with you here, if I'm going to make large print with it I
will sure straighten it. Here I just try to keep everything original (ok I
have cropped one or two) for illustration purpose, except for color/tone
adjustment.

C.H.Ling