Re: [OM] Updates on my photo gallery

Subject: Re: [OM] Updates on my photo gallery
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 01:34:16 +0800
I made the comparison shots for Velvia and 5D II few days ago, the Velvia
was my 1st roll of film in almost five years since I have received an order
to output one film due to the shop had damaged their client's old slide, so
I took this chance to run a few test shots.

When the film came back I found the sharp area was not as I focused but the
shot from 5D II was exactly right so I suspected there was something wrong
with my OM4 (although this was my mostly used camera and I did check the
focus after I acquired it). I was too busy so I didn't check my OM4 but I
just did it few minutes ago, unfortunately the focus seems very accurate. I
have no cure to what had happen during the test, may be I will do the test
again.

Anyway, here are some test files, anyone interested can have a look on how
they compare (all with 50/1.4 at F4 handheld):

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/V-10009.jpg  (9.4MB)

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_0917.JPG (6.8MB)

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/V-10010.jpg (6.7MB)

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/IMG_0922.JPG (3.98MB)

Scanning was done with N*kon 4000ED, sorry, I haven't split the film area
into 64 sections to do the scanning, there could be some focusing problem
with the scanner. Oh! Just too many focusing issues :-)

C.H.Ling