Re: [OM] Photoshop work-alikes [was: Re: E-30]

Subject: Re: [OM] Photoshop work-alikes [was: Re: E-30]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:19:10 -0800
> On 19/02/2009, at 4:10 PM, Jan Steinman wrote:
>
>> There are tons of Mac alternatives to Photoshop for resizing photos,
>> including (as of Leopard, at least) the Preview that comes for free
>> with every Mac. Use "Tools --> Adjust Size..." where you can pick a
>> number of pre-set sizes from a menu, or use the familiar "Width/
>> Height/Resolution" fill-ins in various units.
>
> From: Andrew Fildes <nsvyqrf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> No, not there in the tools menu (OSX 4.7)

Hmmm... odd... I don't think I installed any special plug-in.

Are you on Leopard (MacOS X 10.5)? Is it up to date (10.5.6)?

When I open Preview and do "Preview --> About Preview", it says I'm
using Version 4.1 (469.4). The fifth item on the Tools menu is "Adjust
Size...". Don't understand why yours would be different.

My Tools menu has lots of neat stuff on it. You can adjust colours as
well as size. You can crop and annotate. It appears Preview is nearly
as capable as, say, Photoshop 5.0 or so (no layers).

:::: MacOS X -- when you need today what Bill Gates has promised you
tomorrow. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::