[OM] Canyon 5DII film

Subject: [OM] Canyon 5DII film
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 14:14:28 -0800
Thought you chaps might be interested to hear that parts of Slumdog
Millionaire were shot with the 5DII (which parts, I don't know)

===quote===
"It was the end of the night's program, and one final award was to be
given: Best Cinematography in a Theatrical Release. The nominees were
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (shot in 4K with the Thomson
Grass Valley Viper FilmStream camera by Claudio Miranda), "The
Reader" (on 35mm film by Roger Deakins, ASC, BSC and Chris Menges,
BSC), "The Dark Knight" (on 35mm and IMAX film by Wally Pfister, ASC),
"Slumdog Millionaire" (shot on 35mm film and with Silicon Imaging
SI-2K and Canon EOS 5D Mark II digital cameras by Anthony Dod Mantle,
BSC, DFF) and "Revolutionary Road" (on 35mm film by Deakins, who was a
double nominee for a second consecutive year).
Dod Mantle happened to be seated at the table right behind me at the
awards ceremony, and when his name was announced from the stage, his
reaction of complete surprise created a shockwave throughout the crowd
of 1,100 people in attendance. Not only had this small -- although
very successful -- film won, but it became the first largely digital
feature to earn the ASC's esteemed award for camera work, following
honors at CamerImage and an Academy Award nomination for Best
Cinematography."

===endquote===