Re: [OM] More on monitors and printing

Subject: Re: [OM] More on monitors and printing
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 07:39:52 +0100
I have managed to get reasonably close now by deleting all profiles and
using the custom RGB setting on the dell to get the monitor displaying
close to what the HP is showing, then I reprofiled the display with the
colormunki and got more accurate colours. I then profile matched the
display to the printer and am now getting prints that match what I see
on the dell screen. The HP was already profiled.

My wife however says that my pictures seem to have a grey look to them
and that they all look like they are shot on a rainy day rather than a
sunny one, so I wonder if  I have to adjust the contrast again and redo
it all.

I cannot get the HP to fully match the dell but I am sure now this is
down to differing display technologies as when I look from different
angles I see a colour shift on the HP but none on the dell.

At least now I can see and print the lovely yellows, but purples are out
but I believe this is due to the gamut of the printer.

I know they are different in the way they work but why can't they make a
monitor that displays only the printer range of colours for a specific
printer.