[OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape

Subject: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 15:28:40 +0200
Hello all,

I have not had the opportunity to do my own comparison yet (I know, I
know...
but my enlarger is still broken) and I was wondering, apart from the
obvious
rather significant difference in focal length, at f/8 and infinity,
what would
you gentlemen (and ladies) perceive to be the better performing lens?
I am talking
mostly about resolution, perhaps flare-resistance, and to a lesser
degree contrast
(I do chemical B&W, so I can correct contrast easily enough).

Can the 90/2.0 floating system really enable perfect correction at
infinity (a long
way from the 1/10 life size optimum)?

I need no convincing of the 90/2.0 lens' astounding (really: not
"amazing",
not "freakin amazing", but just downright impossibly good) performance
at
closer distances, but at f/8 @ infinity, compared to the 135/3.5...

What doth thou say?