Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape

Subject: Re: [OM] 90/2.0 vs 135/3.5 for distant landscape
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 23:08:08 +0800
Interesting question, I doubt anyone has serious compare them both together
but you may check Gary's lens test here (not for infinity objects either):

http://zone-10.com/cmsm/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=10&Itemid=97

I have sold the 135/3.5 long ago, same for the 200/5 (more likely a F5.6
actually), they are just too slow for me and didn't look to be very special
either. It was before I have digital back so I haven't make any test.

On the other hand I can provide some test samples of 90/2 at F4, 100/2 at F4
and 135/2.8 at F5.6 below. Sorry no F8, as I seldom use F8 and below. Since
there are difference in focal lengths so no direct comparison possible. All
tests were made with E-3, focus with liveview, tripod, shutter delay for
vibration reduction, sharpness -2:

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/90mmF4.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/100mmF4.jpg

http://www.accura.com.hk/temp/135mmF56.jpg

I would say 90/2 is even better than 100/2 for distance objects.

C.H.Ling