Re: [OM] pizza, was New Bessa Pics

Subject: Re: [OM] pizza, was New Bessa Pics
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:33:36 +0100
<<
i'm intrigued by how relative the idea of "good pizza" is...

-- Warning, written by a 50% italian who lives in Italy --
You eat what you like, and every "foreign" dish will be more or less
manipulated in order to please the local taste. This is not a bad
thing, but you must know that you are not eating the "original" one.
So pizza, pasta or coffe outside Italy are not like the ones you get
in Italy (with exceptions, of course).
What amuse/annoy me is that italians on trip abroad expect to find
pizza/pasta/coffe cooked exactly like in Italy. They don't find and
say that you eat bad abroad.
Having visited the whole Europe (but I was also in US, China Tunisia
and Martinica), I eat only local dishes, and I enjoy that.
In Poland I once ate a polish pizza, it was obviously different from
the italian one but I knew it from the beginning (btw it was good).

Ralf