Re: [OM] On criticism and book reviews

Subject: Re: [OM] On criticism and book reviews
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:19:21 -0600

> Easy. Don't write a traditional review. Note the book's author,
> contents and availability, ask people to buy it through your amazon
> link, and move on. I don't mean this in a personal sense, nor is it
> intended as an insult, but the only people who give a rat's arse what
> you think of the book are your friends, real and imaginary, and
> people who don't know how to make up their own minds.

Yeah, but those "Amazon Links" are just too shamelessly obvious as attempts
at gaining income.

"Hey fellow Photographers, here is a book that I recommend for you.  Fred
Photographer is a great photographer, his writing sucks, but you should be
looking at the pictures anyway.  Help support this site by buying his book
through my Amazon link so my wife doesn't make me go back to work."

Oh, wait.  That's a Ken Rockwell review.

AG