Re: [OM] pizza, was New Bessa Pics

Subject: Re: [OM] pizza, was New Bessa Pics
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 07:53:00 +1100
There are two classic Australian pizzas - the 'Hawaiian' which is ham
and tinned pineapple and the 'Aussie' which has bacon with an egg
broken on to the middle of it and thus baked to a rubbery consistency.
Both are pretty much abominable.
And I did hear an American interviewed on the radio one day who
commented -
"Pineapple? You put pineapple on a pizza?! Gravy, sure but
pineapple...."
Shudder.

My most challenging was one 'gourmet' pizza in a really very good
Italian place (very authentic - it closed after a mob 'hit' in the
kitchen).
Baby octopus. They were studded over the surface like little stars
and rather crunchy.
I really only ordered it to bother the rest of the table.
Interesting, but I don't think I'd try it again.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx