Re: [OM] Olympus E-620 on dpreview

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-620 on dpreview
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:56:34 -0600

> I'm not sure I'd characterize that one as mild. But maybe compared with
> what clobbers
> Ohio and Oklahoma and such . . .

Here in the plains states, we get the monsters that wipe out entire zip
codes.  Last season we had one that flattened Parkersburg, IA.  Amazingly
humbling.  There were (operative word "were") bank video cameras (including
the one built into the ATM) that recorded the first few terrifying seconds
of the event.  The ATM camera showed the house across the street getting
blown apart.  It reminded me of those old nuclear test films where the shock
waves would tear buildings asunder.  The big killer tornado in "Twister" had
nothing on this beast.

We determined that our condo, if hit by a tornado of that magnitude (F5,
nearly a mile wide), would be nothing more than a slab of concrete.

AG