Re: [OM] Olympus E-620 on dpreview

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-620 on dpreview
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 12:13:59 -0500
 From 1955-1990 Manatee County Florida (where I am) had 51 tornadoes.
There were no deaths and 19 injuries.  There were 32 F0, 12 F1, 6 F2, 1
F3 and no F4 or F5 tornados.

F0 tornados are pretty wimpy.  F1 tornados can be structurally survived
by mobile homes if strapped down according to the 1999 Florida
standards.  F2 and above is beginning to get very, very troublesome.  F4
and F5 are the mile wide monsters that destroy everything in their path
up through "tornado alley".  Fortunately, only AG has to put up with
that.  Not me.  His sturdier house will not do much good.

Hurricanes are another case altogether.  Even a wimpy one would make
mince-meat of my new place due to the sustained winds and continuous
vibration.  We solve the problem by not being here during hurricane
season.  We don't insure the place either.  The price for a used but
good condition place is more in line with the price of my Buick.  If a
hurricane blows it away... tough luck.

Chuck Norcutt