Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 13:03:41 -0600
Hi Joel,

Thanks for looking.  After a couple of years in Ohio in the early 1950s, I
decided to move back south to avoid the northern winters.  Your Iowa
countryside looks nice, but I prefer things a little warmer.

I like the Elmarit-R 28/2.8 just fine.  The only Zuiko lens that I have for
comparison is the 14-54, which I consider a great lens.  I wanted a prime
lens for general use, and chose the Elmarit for that purpose. While focusing
through the viewfinder of the 510 with a manual lens can be frustrating, it
can be done. For some things, Live View is helpful.  However, I find that
scale focusing with the 28 gives me good results, with point and shoot
convenience while providing much better images.  I considered the 25 Pancake
as well as the 25 Panaleica and the 30 Sigma, any of which would have given
me autofocus convenience.  When I found the Elmarit at a good price, the
choice was easy.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA