Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 21:54:33 -0600
John,

I have no Leica M gear.  My most modern Leica is a Leica IIIf RD equipped
with a 50/2.0 Summitar.  This is gear from the middle 1950s, but still
produces good images. A recent one, converted to B&W, is shown here.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Beech+Baron+B_amp_W.jpg.html

Compare this to the following photo made with my E-510 and Elmarit-R 28/2.8.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Power.tif.html

The LUG gallery that I use does a good job of displaying web images, which
can be enlarged using the double arrow at the top or bottom.  As far as I
can determine, the images are comparable in quality. Why should I spend
another 5K or 10K to get the latest and greatest?

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA