Re: [OM] TOPE 37: new entry

Subject: Re: [OM] TOPE 37: new entry
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 22:09:21 -0300
And few comments so far.

Cannot understand the exact reason for this: I always learned quite a
bit from comments at TOPE.

I can think of a good-enough reason, which has prevented me from writing
down my thoughts when they came fresh: the anti spam measure which must
be sorted out in order to leave a comment. It takes some time, and at
least myself I have little spare time.

Perhaps we should see the positive side of not leaving written words:
each photograph could be considered as an <Opera Aperta > in the sense
Umberto Eco defines it: free to the understanding of the observer:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umberto_Eco#Books_on_philosophy

Anyway, I miss the times when people wrote three or four comments - they
were invaluable to me in 2002-2003.

Hope not anyone here prefers not to make a comment just because it might
be felt as rude by the author. I think we list are hard skinned and well
humored to make profit of such a situation.
As a matter of fact, it should be much more profitable for the
photographer to read a 'rude' comment.

Short comment: I considered CHLing on my recent [IMG] as highly
valuable, he even told when does he consider that an histogram should be
studied; he even politely and accurately hypothesized why might I have
gone out and got into clipping -besides that I was falling asleep :-)-
now I see that half-dreamed electric blue sky and feel I will start
again from scratch, because I myself deserve the effort.

Fernando.