Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: March 1st Snow in Mid-South
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 13:46:51 -0500
On Mar 3, 2009, at 11:40 AM, Ken Norton wrote:

> The old theories of "glacial" change, where it takes tens of
> thousands of
> years for climate change to occur are now highly suspect as we are
> aware of
> "triggers" that can have cataclismic affects.

Indeed. And we haven't even begun the discussion of plate tectonics.
Science it quite sure that eventually, Los Angeles is going to be a
suburb of San Francisco. The question is how quickly and dramatically
the transition will take place. <g> And of course the Great Rift
Valley in Africa is slowly spreading to that one of these years, the
Red Sea actually will be a sea, maybe even the Red Ocean. And the
Hawaiian Islands are trending to the Northwest as I recall, meaning
that the existing islands will gradually cool and lose their appeal as
vacation hot spots long before new hot spots form in their wake.

I mean, what are we going to do about Continental Drift? I don't think
any existing treaties cover it. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com