Re: [OM] 12 is enough,

Subject: Re: [OM] 12 is enough,
From: Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 21:20:55 +0800
Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Then they can simply make fixed aperture f/4 lenses with no need to deal
> with messy aperture mechanisms.

At very wide angles, fixed focus too. Or better, two focus positions, infinity
and hyperfocal. This might be a good trade-off.  If the resulting lenses were
sufficiently cheap, sharp and compact, they'd be worthwhile.

If Oly introduced one of those tomorrow: say 8 or 10 mm fixed f8, cheap,
compact and sharp, I'll wager quite a few here would buy.

> The new 20 MP sensor will just incorporate an internal electronic
> shutter to implement the very high shutter speeds required in bright light

What very high speeds? Sunny 16 gives 1/100th at f16 ASA 100, so
1/1600 @ f4.

--
Sandy Harris,
Quanzhou, Fujian, China