Re: [OM] don't say please !

Subject: Re: [OM] don't say please !
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:57:43 +1100
I'm sure the Australian first strike greeters would be polite but
they're too busy laughing at you all.

As for the Germans - I remember my surprise in the the seventies
crossing from East to West Germany by train in Berlin and discovering
that the Eastern military were polite, friendly and cheerful at 1am
while the Western were surly and suspicious. So much for the propaganda.
In fact it was on that Trans-Siberian  trip that one of our group
reported a camera stolen. At the next stop paramilitary police came
on board, went right through it, found the camera secreted in a
toilet and apologised profusely for their larcenous countryman. Now
that WAS a surprise.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx