Re: [OM] ( E-1, E-510) White balance lens cap

Subject: Re: [OM] ( E-1, E-510) White balance lens cap
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 16:16:29 +0000
Ken Norton wrote:

> My only real rub with the ExpoDisk is that the E-1's manual WB setting works
> maybe 20% of the time and gives you an error 80% of the time.  Grrr.   The
> Minolta A1's manual WB function works nearly 100% of the time.
>
> As to AWB, I rarely use it because of the variances between shots.  If I
> shoot 10 pictures in a row, 3/4 of them will be one WB and 1/4 will be
> another.
>
> AG

I don't think about white balance. I leave it on auto and shoot raw. In
Lightroom, if something is off, I drag over the WB from shots where it
got it right.

In the hills a couple of weeks ago I took a couple of shots in a
sequence, just kept the button pressed. The second shot was miles off on
WB (very blue), but it synced just fine...

;-)

D.

--
I'm a Mac, but I'm happy with my PC.