Re: [OM] Mammoth E-30 Product Review - Zone-10 Website

Subject: Re: [OM] Mammoth E-30 Product Review - Zone-10 Website
From: "Paul Laughlin" <pelaughlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 10:47:57 -0700
First off, I used to work on the Bombing Navigation System on the B-58
Hustler bomber.  The integrating accelerometers for that system were mounted
on a gyro stabilized platform.  The integration of those accelerometers
enabled them to provide speed rather then acceleration.  That platform was
maintained at a level position by the gyros.  If an accelerometer is tilted
off level, gravity should cause it to provide an output.  When leveled again
the output should go back to zero.  Two of them, mounted at right angles to
each other, should provide the information for leveling.  Of course, I could
be wrong. LOL  I had a problem understanding the gyro stabilized lens in the
C-2100 UZ camera.  Then it was explained as digitally simulated gyroscopes.
That is one great image stabilization system.  Pity it wasn't followed up.
Paul in Portland OR