Re: [OM] don't say please !

Subject: Re: [OM] don't say please !
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 11:57:51 -0700
> From: Rand E <rgbzpnyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> He then wanted to know if I owned
> any firearms, I told him I didn't think that that had anything to do
> with the situation.

Wrong answer. I could see how that might sound like "None of your
business!" to a border guard.

What was wrong with telling them the truth? Something respectful,
along the lines of, "I own firearms, but know that Canada's laws are
more stringent, so in respect for Canada's right to regulate firearms,
I take care to leave them at home."

(In my case, it's "I only own a BB pistol that I use for scaring
squirrels off the bird feeder." That usually earns me a free pass on
further firearms questions. :-)

<rant>Not that you are a nut-case or had an attitude in this
particular case... But personally, I find a lot of second-amendment
nut-cases like to export their attitude to the rest of the world. If
Mercans would stop wearing their silly, powerless Constitution on
their shirt sleeves, the world might be a better place. When your
freedoms are being evaporated day by day, it just looks silly to go
all loony-tunes over any part of the Constitution, since so much of it
is just routinely ignored by the government.</rant>

And yea, what Andrew said, too:

:::: When are you [the US] going to stop trying to export democracy
and consider importing it? -- Andrew Fildes ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::