Re: [OM] Mammoth E-30 Product Review - Zone-10 Website

Subject: Re: [OM] Mammoth E-30 Product Review - Zone-10 Website
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:52:39 -0700 (PDT)
Mark wrote:
I can only imagine!  When you get your iPhone, you'll find that there are
several IN-type applications available for it that will allow you to do
things like measure the 0-60 mph acceleration time and cornering performance
of a vehicle.  While these are kind of neat, they aren't quite in the same
league as the F16 :)

Boris' thoughts:

But for the love of whatever you believe in, do not rely on the info that comes
from your iPhone if your life depended on it...:)

It is good for ignorant gadget geeks, has very high wow factor I admit, but as
you know, you get what you pay for.

Last year I architected and later integrated a command and control system on a
catamaran used as an unmanned vehicle to help the coast guard patrol the waters
off of HI and monitor the illegal fishing activities.

The INU I picked barely covered the requirements, it came at the hefty price of
$8700, it had an active GPS antenna (at additional cost).  Its output of course
was raw and it did not include the forementioned apps, which had to be written
later.  It was a shiny 8X8X8 cm golden cube...very flashy, but unable to
measure the 0-60 mph acceleration time and cornering performance...:)

B.

P.S.  The system was first to feature satellite communications (pat, pat...:)