Re: [OM] OT: anybody experienced with LX-3

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: anybody experienced with LX-3
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:49:58 -0700
Iwert wrote:
> Has anybody on the list used the Panasonic LX-3 or Leica Digilux 4?
>
> What are the experiences, image quality, handling & build quality?
>
> Thanks for any input...
>
> Iwert

There have been several complete reviews of the LX-3 with details,
opinions and lots of sample images.

- <http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicdmclx3/>
- <http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_lx3-review/index.shtml>
- <http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/LX3/LX3A.HTM>

Things I've noted about it:

Biggest factor that distinguishes it from similar cameras from others is
the zoom range, 24-60mm eq. That will deeply thrill some and means it
wouldn't do for me except to be carried with another camera as a WA-Tele
pair or perhaps for indoor, lower light without flash.

Better than average high ISO performance and a fast lens.

The new processor smears fine detail less than its predecessors and the
RAW ability allows one to bypass that completely.

Smaller and lighter than Canon G9 & 10

Moose