Re: [OM] Highly overrated? Not

Subject: Re: [OM] Highly overrated? Not
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 21:07:00 -0400
I think the official definition of Err99 is something like "unknown
electrical problem".  Of the reports I know of I'd say lens
communication problems are the most common cause.  But BSOD it's not
since the camera is still alive to report a problem.  With BSOD the D
stands for death and means it.

I also experience occasional failure of the autofocus button to work but
it's a momentary thing.  I have the autofocus relocated from the shutter
button to the back of the camera.  When the focus seems not to want to
work I just press the shutter button half way and autofocus comes alive
again.  I haven't tried to diagnose it but I suspect it's just that the
camera has gone to sleep in power saving mode and it's awakened by the
half press of the shutter.  If I didn't have focus moved off the shutter
button I'd never have noticed it.

Chuck Norcutt