Re: [OM] Camedia Card Reader

Subject: Re: [OM] Camedia Card Reader
From: Michael Collins <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 07:48:09 -0500
You've determined that the system seems the reader, anyway. While still in
System Profiler and without a card inserted you'd see something like this:

ImageMate 14 in 1 Reader/Writer:

  Product ID:    0xb4b5
  Vendor ID:    0x0781  (SanDisk Corporation)
  Version:    93.39
  Serial Number:    0303986814
  Speed:    Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:    SanDisk
  Location ID:    0x40200000
  Current Available (mA):    500
  Current Required (mA):    500

Insert the card and use Cmd-R to refresh the display. If the card is being
recognised by the OS as a volume, you'll see it's changed to something like:

ImageMate 14 in 1 Reader/Writer:

  Capacity:    983.9 MB
  Removable Media:    Yes
  Detachable Drive:    Yes
  BSD Name:    disk4
  Product ID:    0xb4b5
  Vendor ID:    0x0781  (SanDisk Corporation)
  Version:    93.39
  Serial Number:    0303986814
  Speed:    Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer:    SanDisk
  Location ID:    0x40200000
  Current Available (mA):    500
  Current Required (mA):    500
  Mac OS 9 Drivers:    No
  Partition Map Type:    MBR (Master Boot Record)
  S.M.A.R.T. status:    Not Supported
  Volumes:
    NO NAME:
      Capacity:    983.9 MB
      Available:    982.7 MB
      Writable:    Yes
      File System:    MS-DOS FAT16
      BSD Name:    disk4s1
      Mount Point:    /Volumes/NO NAME

If instead there has been no change, I can only conclude that either the
reader or the card is misbehaving in some way.

If you do see the volume there, then you should also see it in the sidebar
of any Finder window, under the DEVICES list (as "NO NAME" in my example).
You then treat it like any other removable disk, using drag-and-drop to load
it with files.

Sorry I can't be of any more help than this.

Michael