Re: [OM] Latest flash card rebates [was Camedia Card Reader]

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest flash card rebates [was Camedia Card Reader]
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 07:26:21 -0500
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 12:02 AM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Right! I almost forgot to mention on the list the latest Sandisk rebates
> for purchases from "Pro Photo dealers", such as B&H and Adorama.
>
> Buy three and get the real deal. 3x Extreme III 4GB - rebate = $12.95 @
> There are other decent rebates, but that's the winner for me this round.
> It gets into UDMA performance territory for $3.24/GB.
>
> Mine are due tomorrow.

Mine arrived on Monday.  Thanks for the reminder about the rebate
though!  (Notoriously bad with RF [rebate followthrough])

> I've got a little project where I'm hoping UDMA will contribute. And
> then, I'll eventually have a DSLR that can take advantage of it.

Something with a MkII in it possibly?  As far as I know e-thingies
hardly tickle non-UDMA, though I have only noted a write-time
disappointment after switching from E-330 to E-1 during a gymnastics
meet when I was shooting RAW in sequence.  Essentially I was shooting
a sequence "movie" of an entire routine.  The E-1 just stopped dead
partway through.  That's an interesting experience.  Switch to HQ.

No probs ever with the E-3, but there's always tomorrow.  5 frames/sec
is almost too much even for gymnastics, but that might do it.

Joel W.