Re: [OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing

Subject: Re: [OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:24:30 -0500
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Tonight I have a school concert to photograph and I'm going to be taking the
> "Golden Child Kit" out for the first time. Said kit consists of the:
>
> 1. OM-3Ti
> 2. MD2
> 3. 35-80/2.8 zoom
> 4. T45 Flash
>
> I did extensive testing of this kit, not necessarily to see if it knew how
> to operate, but to see if I knew how to operate it.  This is, by far, the
> slickest auto-flash setup for the OM system and I had to do a bunch of
> experimentation to learn how to use it. The OM-3Ti has a certain feature
> that I'm not aware of with any other OM body--the ability to
> exposure-compensate the flash. As the camera is a manual camera, the
> electronics can't screw up the aperture.  So, you nail down the shutter
> speed and aperture and move the flash switch to TTL. Then you can adjust the
> exposure compensation dial which has absolutely no affect on the
> aperture/speed, but adjusts the TTL flash!!!!

Cool, but do tell how to use it?  There are three things that can
happen with TTL, and two of them are bad.  With people shots, -.7
exposure comp possibly improves the odds.  That's all I know.

I've been spoiled by the MC (manual chimp) feature of my E-thingies
with flashies.  I'm beyond redemption OM-wise I fear.

Joel W.