[OM] Setting up photo storage on 2+ hard drives

Subject: [OM] Setting up photo storage on 2+ hard drives
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:34:30 -0700
I am trying to figure out the best and easiest way to back up my photos.
I just picked up a 1tb HD and have it in an eSATA remote enclosure. When
it's powered up it looks just like any other HD on the system. So far
I've just been copying the files from one of the  internal drives to it
every once in a while. I also have another remote drive that I use for
regular backups. (6 total drives) What I'd like to do is to
automatically copy the photo files to two drives at the same time in a
way that doesn't compromise the archived files. Maybe some type of RAID
array? However I have no experience setting up a RAID array but
understand that there are safe options. A RAID set up would require
another HD purchase as the 250gb drives are nearly full. See Newegg sale
below.

So maybe there is a software solution? I'm using Acronis v9 but I don't
see an option for making double copies.

So what do you all do? Recommend? Using XP home edition. (Yes, I realize
a Mac will do this while also making coffee and washing dishes)

Mike

<http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Mar-0-2009/Laptop12/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL031209&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL031209-_-email-_-E0-_-HDD&cm_lm=watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&spt=0#HDDbanner>