[OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing

Subject: [OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:08:24 -0400
Hmm,
I don't remember what happens with a spot meter on a 4T then recompose.
 If spot meter is under 1/60th will the flash fire?
I hope I am not expelled.

The synch speed on the 3Ti is still 1/60th, so yes the flash will fire
at greater speeds but will the uneven illumination of the frame ruin
the shot?
I think one way to modulate the flash/ambient ratio on a 4T in TTL mode
ala John Lind does work---for bright fill.  I think he lied to the cam
on the ISO ot inc the ISO then used the compensation to inc the flash
the same amount.  As the shutter speed is fixed the cam must use the
flash.
Manual and a meter or auto sound easier.
Mike

  So, for outdoor fill flash where my background is notably brighter
than the