Re: [OM] Mammoth E-30 Product Review - Zone-10 Website

Subject: Re: [OM] Mammoth E-30 Product Review - Zone-10 Website
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:53:22 -0500
Hi Bill,

I don't recall hearing the Starship, though there were two at one time
operating out of Nashville, and the last one was retired to the Beech
Heritage Museum that started out as the Staggerwing Museum here at our local
airport in Tullahoma.  But, I think you are correct.  The engines on the B36
were never intended to be buried in the wing in that manner.

However, I believe I am correct in saying that the C124 Globemaster used
four of the same engines, in tractor configuration in normal nacelles, and
it had a very similar sound, so the sound may be peculiar to those engines
and props.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA