[OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing

Subject: [OM] Golden Child Kit first time outing
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 23:20:53 -0400
I wasn't very clear in my question.  I learned to drag the shutter more
often many moons ago from Dr. Flash.  Use TTL flash for macro and when
auto aperture choices for the flash I have at the time is not suitable.
  I don't think I have ever tried to fire a flash on a 4T spot metering
(or perhaps I should be thinking about the AE lock), reframing so that
the speed would exceed 1/60th and see if the flash fires. It fires, no??

Yes, dragging the shutter and retaining TTL use for the 3Ti does result
in 3Ti envy.  I only wish it did TTL macro fill as I don't mind the
alternatives
so much for other situations.  I think it was just a generation shy of
that feature.  An occasional look see on FM macro reveals that Canyon
Ettl-2
fouls up macro fill a fair amount.  So, WWJSD?  He used iTTL, but I
don't like that answer.  WWMD?  He'd come back when the light was right
or fix it in post.
Mike

Yes, I have it on good authority that Oly engineers called a northern
California consultant code named "Moose" when working on the flash
system.  They asked "Moose" if he used flash very much.  He said: "Nah,
I don't like flash very much and don't use it."  Then they asked him if
he'd ever heard of "dragging the shutter".  He said: "Dragging the
shutter????"  They then said to themselves: "How are we going to find
out what that means.  Moose doesn't know."  They also talked to another
consultant code named "Nathan" who gave them pretty much the same
story.
  So, wanting to get the product out in less than 7 years they decided
not to investigate flash system usage any further.  The engineers
decided the OTF exposure control was cool and the camera could prevent
the photographer from making mistakes by taking control of the shutter.
  What else could anyone want?

Dr. Flash