Re: [OM] Flower show portrait 2009

Subject: Re: [OM] Flower show portrait 2009
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 19:09:16 -0400
Different strokes for different folks I guess.  I've never worried about
taking shots two seconds apart (or even six) that require totally
changing the exposure.  If I'm shooting some event (which I don't do
anymore) exposure is flash and pretty much pre-set although I do vary it
somewhat based on my position relative to the lights.  Studio work is
even more constant.  If I'm outdoors I set the exposure according to the
prevailing light and don't change it until the light changes
significantly.  My photography these days is pretty much slow and
deliberate and, these days, mostly of inanimate things.  Finally,
outdoor fill flash in bright light with an OM is just painful.  I
haven't had to drag out the ND filters for a long time.  :-)

Well, not everything is inanimate.  I just remembered that I took a lot
of shots of the grand kids this past weekend including a couple of
soccer games.  I think I changed exposure 3 or 4 times throughout both
games (which were back to back).  No hurry.

Chuck Norcutt