[OM] Digital Picture Frames

Subject: [OM] Digital Picture Frames
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 13:22:31 -0400
A couple of years ago, No. 1 Son gave me a digital picture frame. A
Smartparts SPDPF70E, to be exact. Having finally located a card reader
that my computers will talk to, I managed to load up an Olympus xD
card. The images were astonishingly horrid looking on the frame, and
before each one faded out, "Wrong File Content" displayed on the
screen. So I went to the manufacturer's web site, www.smartpartsproducts.com
  and fished around until I found an interesting bit of information.
The frames don't like images processed on a Macintosh. The site
recommended a file cleaner to get the Mac stuff out. I dutifully
cleaned my xD card and reinserted it. The images are still electronic
excrement, but no longer display "Wrong File Content."

Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper. Once upon a time I had
entertained visions of putting newer pictures on the frame and hanging
it at the craft coop to mesmerize customers and cause them to reach
for their wallets, but alas, I fear if I let them see this, they would
run screaming from the building, never to return. They also would be
likely to pay shamans, witch doctors and, possibly, professional hit
men to cleanse the world of me and my images.

Bletch! I hate spending time to make something work only to find my
time would have been better spent picking the wings off flies.

--Bob Whitmire
"Art's just fart without the eff."
www.bwp33.com