Re: [OM] Scanning/sampling

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanning/sampling
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 19:57:15 -0400
I really don't know but would hypothsize that at least the dimension
along the sensor bar is probably working at full resolution and then
averaging since all the sensor positions are fixed.  The opposite
dimension (where the stepping motor is moving the scanning bar) might
conceivably be handled differently but I suspect it's probably easiest
to simply do full resolution there as well and average all 16 pixels.
All the hardware motions and signals would remain the same.  The only
change would be in the firmware or driver software.

But I'll repeat... I dunno.

Chuck Norcutt