Re: [OM] Setting up photo storage on 2+ hard drives

Subject: Re: [OM] Setting up photo storage on 2+ hard drives
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 03:04:07 -0300
Amazing my giving (late) advice on windows ...

Avoid RAID arrays - IMHO.
This machine has a RAID 0 array, and the RAID driver only gave me
headaches ... go figure: last time I was offlist for months, it was due
to the RAID controller, combined with my ignorance on XP.
It was a terrifying sight to watch the black monitor at startup, with a
red warning like: "RAID array: degrading", and I didn't knew how to
format disks under windows (and still tend to forget the procedure !!).

Don't expect that much of a mac either, unless you're dreaming of a mac
pro ... ok, I still feel bad about FW400 and other minor 'issues', like
that beautiful aluminium keyboard, whose 'M' is a 180º rotated 'W' _ ;-)
[ sorry Chris, Andrew, Jan ... ]

Fernando.