Re: [OM] Setting up photo storage on 2+ hard drives

Subject: Re: [OM] Setting up photo storage on 2+ hard drives
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 04:16:25 -0300
Dark reasons involved ... ;)

First, the local MUG group is a bunch of emotionally-retarded 'cool'
youngsters, without the least knowledge on what a PPC was _ 'generation
breakdown' (was that a song by The Who ... or was it Zepp?).
Second, buying a Mac down here is just like dealing with a Napoles gang
- a small mafia.
Third, I felt I must go through the DarkSide - in fact it's awesome how
much I did learn about things I thought I could choose not to.

My latest dilemma: I wanted to install another internal DVD±RW. Bought
it, but it seems it's rather a DVD-RAM. That, until I load an empty
DVD+R, then it turns to be only a 'CD', but writes on a DVD+R
nonetheless. Did the cabling carefully.
No choice, will have to search wiki so as to learn something about these
DVD-RAM (Optiarc DVD RW AD-7190A).
If I hadn't had bought a windows machine, I'd never had noticed such a
chameleon-like piece of hardware.
My life would have been incomplete, wouldn't it?

But it's the local MUG which has fed me up - too annoying.

;^)

Fernando.

--
Dr. Fernando González Gentile M.D.
Av.L.P.Ponce 1526B - 11600 Montevideo, Uruguay.