Re: [OM] Z. 35 shift question

Subject: Re: [OM] Z. 35 shift question
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:17:53 +1100

> Chuck Norcutt <> wrote:
>
> I don't have the 35 shift but I did have a 24 shift and, if I understand
>
> your description correctly, I'd say your 35 is acting much like my 24.
> I recall being puzzled by it until it occurred to me that, if it was
> fully shifted in one direction, to allow full shifting in the other
> direction would probably carry you outside the reasonable sharpness zone
>
> of the image circle.  Remember, the image plane is rectangular and the
> image circle is round.  You'd have corners trying to pop out the edge of
>
> the circle.

The Nikon 35mm shift is mechanically a bit different (but has the same end
result), you turn a knob to offset the axis of the lens from the axis of the
camera, then you can rotate the offset lens about the camera axis.  Once you
have shifted fully you just have that amount of shift in any direction.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com